Two-factor authentication provides an additional layer of security beyond the standard password and username combination for your workspaces. Using an authenticator app is a more secure way to use two-factor authentication than using SMS.
How to add your Safelink account to an authenticator app
- Open a workspace that requires two-factor authentication.
Note: Only workspace admins can enable two-factor authentication.
- The system will prompt the 'two-factor authentication setup' page, containing your unique Safelink account barcode and key.
- Open the authenticator app on your phone and find the option to add an account. Scan the barcode or enter the provided key in your smartphone.
Note: If you don't have an app yet, you can download and install the authenticator app of your choice from the App Store or Play Store.
- The authenticator app will read the barcode on your screen and add your Safelink account to the app.
Note: We are using Google Authenticator in the screenshots above. The options and display may vary slightly if you are using a different app.
- Click 'Proceed' on the Safelink two-factor authentication setup page.
- Enter the code provided by the your authenticator app and click 'Confirm Code' to access your workspace.