You can create a custom column in Grid View to add your own content. You can use this to add a secondary file name, description for your documents and a lot more.
- Click 'Manage Workspace' to access the workspace settings page.
- Click 'Codes & Metadata'.
- Click 'Add a New Field'.
- Enter a field name. This will become the column heading.
- Set 'Field Type' to 'Text' and click 'Create'.
- Go to the folder where you want to add the column.
- Click 'View Settings'.
- Click the text metadata that you have created to enable it. Drag and drop the column to your preferred order.
- Click 'Apply to this folder'. You can also select 'Apply to all folders' to add the column to all the folders in your workspace.
- The new column is now visible in the Folder View.
How to Enter the Text
- Open the document in Showpane and click the 'Classification button'.
- Click the pill with the name of the column that you have created. A Text Box should open.
- Enter the text in the box.
- Click the 'Save and Move On' button to save the text and move on to the next document.
Repeat Steps 2 to 4 until you have added the text to all the necessary documents.
- The column will automatically populate with the text you have entered in the Text Box.