This article will show you how to create groups, set group permissions, set user visibility, apply numbering, upload documents and invite users.
You are free to set up your workspace in whichever order you prefer, however you may find it helpful to perform this setup per the instructions below.
- Click 'Manage Workspace'.
- Click 'Users & Groups'.
- Click 'Groups'.
- Select 'Create a New Group' from the actions menu on the right.
- On the new group screen you can:
- Enter a group name
- Set up timed access - Click the start text field to select a month, day and time you would like the users of Group D to have access to your room. Then, pick an End date and time.
- Click 'Create Group'.
Set Group Permissions
You can set different permissions for each group.
- Next, set permissions for each group. Click 'Permissions'.
- You can set folder permissions for a specific group by clicking the drop-down menu. Next, select which group’s permissions you’d like to change.
- A second set of buttons are now visible over the first set. Click on a button in this second set to change folder permissions for the group you’ve just selected.
- Green buttons represent permission or action a group can perform.
- Red buttons represent a permission or action a group user does not have or cannot perform.
If you hover your cursor over a button, Safelink will prompt a message to inform you what groups can or cannot do.
Set User Visibility
You can determine who can see who in your workspace.
- Next, set the visibility of each group. Click 'User Visibility'.
- You can tick or untick the boxes corresponding to each group in the matrix. This will determine whether the members of the group on the left, will be visible to the members of the group on the top.
- Click 'Save Settings' to save your settings.
The choices you make on the User Visibility Page override any visibility settings made elsewhere in your workspace.
The system can automatically number your documents upon upload. The 'Numbering' app must be enabled in order for this to work.
- Click 'Manage Workspace'.
- On the workspace setting page, you can enable or disable workspace apps. Workspace apps are custom tools designed to help you accomplish your project goals. These apps can be enabled or disabled to personalise the behaviour of your workspace. Scroll down and tick the box next to 'Numbering'.
- Scroll down and click 'Save' to save your changes.
Note: It is possible to apply numbering to all folders and their contents after you upload your documents, however, we recommend the approach outlined above. We've found it easier to customise numbering schemes as you go.
You can upload files of any size: 50+ Plus GigaByte files are no problem. You can also upload a ZIP file and then unpack it into your workspace.
- Click 'Documents'.
- Next, click 'Add Files' to add individual documents or click 'Add Folders' to add entire folders into your workspace.
- Select the file(s) or folder(s) you would like to upload and click 'Open'.
- When your files have finished uploading, click on a document to open it.
Every user will have a system role and a workspace role. Before inviting users into your workspace, check out the different workspace security settings available to you.
- Click the 'Users & Groups' tab.
- Next, click 'Invite another user' or 'Invite Multiple Users' on the 'Actions' menu on the right.
- On the user invitation screen, you can choose:
- Which level of access or 'Workspace Role' should be applied.
- Select which 'group' you would like these users to belong or select 'Let me choose a group for each user' to apply different groups to each user.
- Enter the name, email and group of each user.
- Click 'Invite' to send an invitation email to these users. The invitation email will contain a link which when clicked, will help guide the user to your workspace. To see a copy of the workspace invitation please click New User Activation Email.
- You can see all the users who have access to your workspace on the workspace access screen.